What are the Differences between Blown and Cast Stretch Wrap?
Blown and Cast Stretch Wrap – The Differences & Purposes of each
Both blown and cast stretch wrap is used to contain and protect products on a pallet during transit and storage. Even though there is the one common purpose, there are multiple strengths, colours and lengths to suit different applications.
Stretch Wrap is manufactured in two different methods which give the film different properties, they are commonly referred to as cast and blown. Within these two film categories, there are several types of stretch wraps with different resin technology and performance levels.
What is Blown Stretch Wrap?
Our blown stretch films are created by forcing molten resin through a circular die, creating a bubble tube which is blown over 30 feet high. The bubble is then flattened and produced into rolls of film. The molecule structure of blown film is criss-crossed which means when tensioned, it locks in very hard so therefore has a lower stretch yield compared to cast films. Blown Stretch film is known to be tough, slightly tacky and has a hazy surface. The double sided tack gives off noise whilst being applied to the product.
Types of Omni Blown Stretch Wrap:
● Viper Wrap Hand & Machine rolls available in Black and Clear
● Conventional Blown Wrap Hand & Machine rolls available in Clear
● Coloured Blown Wrap Hand & Machine rolls available in Black, White, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green
What is Cast Stretch Wrap?
Our cast stretch films are created by molten resin operated through a large extruder which forces thin layers of film to be then cooled and laminated into layers. This multi-layered film is then rolled onto cores. The molecule structure of cast film run parallel down the film which means when tensioned that direction, it has a very high stretch yield of up to 400%. Cast Stretch film has high clarity and quiet application due to its lower on a single-sided tack.
Types of Omni Cast Stretch Wrap:
● Euro Wrap Machine rolls available in Clear
● Elite Wrap Hand & Machine rolls available in Clear
● Masterwrap Hand & Machine rolls available in Clear
● Conventional Cast Wrap Hand & Machine rolls available in Clear
● Coloured Cast Wrap Hand & Machine rolls available in Black, White, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green
What is Pre-Stretched Wrap?
Pre-stretched film is used to drastically reduce the need to pull extra tension whilst applying the film to the product. For this reason, the hand rolls are recognized and supported as an exceptional OH&S supported product, reducing back strain when hand-wrapping pallets. The Omni Dynamic Wrap is a film that is pre-stretched prior to it being produced onto the cores. Suited specifically to those packaging lighter weight products that tend to move around on the pallet whilst being stretched.
Types of Omni Pre-Stretched Film:
● Omni Dynamic Pre-Stretched Wrap – Machine
● Omni Dynamic Pre-Stretched Wrap – Hand
Benefits of Omni Dynamic Wrap:
● OH&S Supported – Pre-stretched film removes back strain as no tensioning is required when applying to pallet
● User-friendly – Easy to handle and apply being lighter rolls.
● Environmentally friendly – Reducing film usage helps save the environment.
● Load integrity – Superb strength & grip, secures loads effectively to the pallet.
View Omni Dynamic Stretch Wrap product range – Machine & Hand
Do you want ‘The Perfect Pallet Wrapping Solution’?
Do you want help?