Benefits & Performance of High Bond Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape
How to select the correct type of Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape?
Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape has been especially designed for a wide variety of materials. The Omni range of Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape can replace conventional bonding methods and offer material savings. Conditions and variables in applications can affect holding power.
To help ensure you select the optimum tape for your application, please consider the following features:
- The backing material, the adhesive type, the surface characteristics (e.g. roughness, surface energy).
- The end-use environment the tape will be used within (temperature, UV-exposure, humidity, time etc).
- The size and the need for clarity/transparency.
Based on this we can identify the solution for your need, with ongoing support as required. Please refer to our product/substrate guide to explore further. We do recommend you test fully to determine the tape is suitable for your requirement.
How quickly does Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape bond?
Double sided acrylic foam tape form one of the strongest bonds available when used on the right substrates. Firm pressure should be applied to maximise the contact of the adhesive with the substrate, for more secure bonds. The bond builds with time, typically reaching its end bond after 72 hours. However, every bond starts with good preparation. When the surface is prepared or primed, prior to the tape being used, this end-bond time can be reduced significantly. **down to 5-20 minutes if using 22 Primer.
What is best temperature to apply tape Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape?
It is best to apply double-sided acrylic foam tape in a dust-free environment, with a minimum room temperature of around 15°C. Ensure the tape is stored in a dry place with a temperature between 4 and 38°C, as this will give the tape an 18-month shelf life. These tapes have very high temperature resistance once in use, of up to 160°C.
How much Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape do I need to use for a given weight of material to be mounted?
This depends upon the application and the forces acting upon it. More rigid materials usually require more tape than thinner, more flexible materials due to higher application stresses. Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape have viscoelastic properties, meaning the tape will flow into the pores of the material and lock in for a premium bond. We have various thicknesses available to offer the bond you need.
Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape required to support weight:
It is important to first determine how many meters of double-sided acrylic foam tape you require. A few considerations to make would be:
- a) The nature of the two surfaces to be bonded.
- b) The smoothness and cleanliness of the surfaces being bonded.
- c) The ambient conditions at the time of application.
- d) The force that can be applied to wet-out of the tape and form a bond.
- e) If the bond will be subjected to immediate load/shear force
Benefits & Performance of Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tapes
Omni High Performance Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tapes all-acrylic construction provides strength and durability in highly demanding applications replacing spot welds, screws, rivets and liquid adhesives.
● Bond with high holding strength for static or dynamic stress.
● Viscoelastic properties absorb shock and flexing for reliability against the wind, vibration, and other stresses.
● Eliminate pull-through, dimpling and weld distortion.
● Damp vibration.
● The continuous bond distributes stress over the entire length of the joined surfaces.
● The acrylic closed cell foam has properties that absorb shock and impact. A variety of thicknesses are available.
● Save money and time with increased efficiency.
● PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive) bonds on contact with no bottlenecks for drying time or fixturing.
● Eliminate time-consuming labour – drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up.
● Precision die-cutting to fit any shape, size or profile maximizes design flexibility while helping to minimize assembly time.
● Fast, easy assembly with minimal training.
● Resists all of the following for long term performance indoors and out. These include High Temperature, Temperature Cycling, Cold, UV Light, Moisture and Solvents
● Seal against environmental conditions.
● Prevent bi-metallic corrosion.
● Damp vibration to prevent metal fatigue.
● Compensate for a differential of thermal expansion.
● Specialty bonding tape is flexible and conforms to irregularities of rigid substrates, even when there might be a slight mismatch, while maintaining high internal strength.
● Bonding tape creates a permanent seal against environmental elements.
● Acrylic closed cell foam remains flexible to accommodate material expansion and contraction caused by temperature extremes.
● What’s more, specialty bonding tape also allows for differing expansion and contraction rates of dissimilar substrates, such as plastic bonded to metal.
Virtually invisible fastening helps keep surface smooth and clean to enhance design and appearance. No unsightly rivet heads, weld marks and screw heads will be seen.
● Expand the range of material options
● Bond most painted and powder coated surfaces, and plastics such as acrylic, polycarbonate, and ABS
● Bond metal and most plastics with minimal surface preparation
● Use a lighter weight and thinner materials
● Use a wider variety of materials more readily for high impact visual combinations.
● Prevent bi-metallic corrosion.
● Join dissimilar materials.
● Uniform thickness creates repeatable results without expensive equipment.
Double Sided Acrylic Foam Tape – Product Range:
Do you want help?