Have you ever thought about how long it takes to manually wrap a pallet?
Hand Wrap Pallets
It’s not just the unnecessary labour costs but more importantly, it’s the high risk of back injury which costs companies thousands of dollars workplace injuries claims. It takes about 4 minutes to hand wrap a pallet, multiply that by the number of pallets needed to be wrapped per day. This repetitive strain of awkward motion and poor posture can cause musculoskeletal injuries resulting in permanent back injury. It’s no wonder warehouse workers are at least 8 times more likely to suffer back injuries. This is why Worksafe Australia strongly recommend wrapping pallets with a machine to remove the high risk of musculoskeletal injuries.
What are the Facts?
– $3.09 billion is the estimated to cost to employers for work related injury and illness in 2012/13
– 36% of all workplace injuries are from the transport and manufacturing industry
– 56% of all workplace injury claims made are stains and musculoskeletal disorders
– 1/5 serious workplace claims involved an injury to the back
– Warehouse workers are at least 8 times more likely to suffer back problems than other industries
What is the Solution?
Pallet Wrapping Machines are the Perfect Solution to Reduce OH & S Risks, eliminating the need to manually wrap your pallets, reducing the physical stress on the body. It is important to select a machine that incorporates all safety features possible so the people who are operating the machine are as safe as possible.
– Many warehouse incidents occur getting on and off forklifts. This risk is reduced by using machines that will automatically attach and cut film each cycle, eliminating this step to get on and off the forklift.
– A remote control to operate the machines is another safety feature as well as a big time saver.